With Mike Harvey, head of strategic communications from Web Summit, we discuss “behind the scenes” for the upcoming Rise Conference 2015 in Hong Kong and his thoughts on the Asia digital landscape. We hear the story of why they decide to bring the conference to Asia, the key people who will be speaking in the event and also the activities which will happen before and during the conference.
Here are the interesting notes and links to the discussion (with timestamps included):
- Mike Harvey, Head of Strategic Communications, Web Summit. (LinkedIn, @mikeharvey)
- Rise Conference (@RiseConfHQ) and you can purchase the tickets here.
- Before the Rise Conference
- The story behind Rise Conference
- What is the mission or goal for the Rise Conference?
- How does the Rise Conference work?
- How do startups, investors and attendees get their value from the conference?
- How did the planning of the conference begin?
- What is the reason behind the choice of Hong Kong for the venue of the conference?
- Who are the main speakers for this conference? Of course, who are the really interesting speakers that are coming to this conference
- US: Matt Mullenweg (Automattic), John Collison (Stripe), Kirt McMaster (Cyanogen)
- Asia: Jenny Lee (GGV Capital), Neil Shen (Sequoia Capital China), Joe Lee (Kuaidi-Didi), Nikesh Arora (Softbank), Takeshi Idezawa (CEO, LINE), Sheng Fu (Cheetah Mobile)
- Are there going to be any pre-conference events which are happening in the same week?
- The Rise Conference team did a whirlwind tour across 12 Asian countries, what have you learned about the Asia digital landscape?