Fresh out of the studio, Pradeep Parameswaran, President – Mobility from Uber APAC joined us in a conversation on Uber’s continued focus on mobility in Asia Pacific and the future of mobility. We begin the conversation with Pradeep sharing his background and the key lessons learnt from his career journey. Following that, he dived deep into Uber’s footprint in Asia Pacific excluding Southeast Asia and China and focus on the challenges and opportunities in expanding Uber’s mission into new and uncharted areas. Last but not least, he also offered his thoughts on the future of mobility specifically on autonomous and electric vehicles and the likely impact to transportation in the near future for Asia Pacific.
Here are the interesting show notes and links to the discussion:
- Pradeep Parameswaran, President – Mobility, Uber APAC
- How did you start your career?
- In your career journey, what are the interesting lessons you can share with our audience?
- Uber in Asia Pacific
- To start, can you briefly talk about Uber and your role and coverage in Uber for Asia Pacific?
- What are the current businesses (Uber transport, Uber eats) from Uber operating in Asia Pacific?
- What are the current challenges for Uber operating in countries such as Japan, Korea, India and Taiwan due to COVID-19?
- How does Uber cope with the regulatory requirements from the different transportation regulators in the region?
- Are there any new businesses from the US that might expand into Asia Pacific, for example, Uber Freight?
- Other than China and Southeast Asia which Uber has sold their stakes to either Didi in China or Grab in Southeast Asia, Uber is currently operating in the rest of Asia Pacific, what are your thoughts on the recent Grab US$40B SPAC with Altimeter?
- The Future of Mobility for Asia Pacific
- How do you think that the transportation business will change in the next few years?
- Given the advances of self-driving cars, do you think that China and the US will leapfrog ahead of the rest in terms of adoption?
- Where do you think Uber’s role with autonomous vehicles in the future?
- Do you have something to recommend like a book or podcast?
- Pradeep’s recommendation: “Range” by David Epstein
- Where can our audience find you?
- RSS Feed
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Play
- Overcast FM
- Facebook Video
- Facebook Page
The show is hosted and produced by Carol Yin (@CarolYujiaYin) and originally created by Bernard Leong (@bernardleong, Linkedin). Sound credits for the intro music: Taro Iwashiro, “The Beginning” from Red Cliff Soundtrack.